Senior Development Finance Advisor
A new, full-time role based in our Bristol office in the UK. Be part of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty.
- Location:Bristol, UK
- Salary scale:£35,000−£40,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Closing date:25 June 2021
- First interview:From July 2021 onwards
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior leader to join our team as our new Senior Development Finance Advisor. As part of our Research and Analysis team, this post will provide senior analytical and engagement input for our development finance portfolio of work. The postholder will provide vision and coherence throughout the next phase of this well-regarded, innovative theme. They will work across projects and geographies to inspire new thinking, undertake cutting-edge work and ensure the quality and integrity of DI’s analysis.
- Produce top-quality research for a range of audiences, from in-depth reports to compelling blogs and factsheets, and develop new and innovative ways to present DI’s work
- Work closely with the Development Finance Lead to represent DI’s work externally at a senior level to decision-makers, partners, and other stakeholders
- Manage relationships with key external stakeholders including governments, multilateral agencies, and civil society
- Scope and maintain new partnerships and opportunities within area of content expertise in line with DI’s objectives
This role requires someone who is a senior leader with strong experience of, and expertise in, the field of development finance. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of financing in national and international contexts, and a passion to propose how wider resources and their associated actors, institutions and instruments can contribute to poverty reduction within an evolving global development finance architecture. The ideal candidate must have first-rate written and analytical skills, evidenced in published work, with the ability to interpret complex information.
You will hold a postgraduate qualification in a relevant field (such as politics, economics, or international relations) or equivalent work experience – prior work experience must be within the international development sector.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please download and read the full recruitment pack and apply with your CV and cover letter using our online application system.