A full-time, permanent role based at our Bristol office in the UK. Be part of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty.
- Location:Bristol, UK
- Salary scale:£22,000−£25,000 per annum, depending on experience
About the role
Development Initiatives' impact on development outcomes would not be possible without the work of the Programme and Project Management team and we have an exciting opportunity for you to join that team as a Project Officer.
The postholder will provide key team coordination and support. The role requires a wide range of skills − you should be effective at planning and monitoring your work, able to use your initiative, be good at resolving conflicts and be able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate with the Programme and Project Management team to identify administrative, system, and process gaps, as well as streamlining opportunities to increase efficiency.
- Oversee document management, ensuring key team templates are kept up to date and relevant.
- Facilitate team meetings, record meeting minutes and allocate actions, proactively monitor their status and follow up with PMs as appropriate.
- Update forecasting systems including the CRM pipeline and the central contracts audit folder as needed.
- There is the potential to project manage small external or internal projects as designated by the Head of Department.
We are looking for an individual who has a keen eye for detail and is a fast learner with the ability to adapt and be flexible when required. You will have experience of supporting project teams and coordinating small projects, along with knowledge of best practice and industry standards for project management.
It would be an advantage to your application if you have a project management qualification (PMD Pro, PRINCE2 Practitioner, PMP or similar) and knowledge of international development or a demonstrated interest in poverty-related issues – however these are not essential.
Early applications are highly encouraged; we will be reviewing submissions as they arrive, and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to end recruitment without notice.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please download and read the full recruitment pack and apply with your CV and cover letter via our online application portal.
This role was first advertised on 22 July 2021.