We have a new and exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Accountant, helping to provide financial guidance to our grant-funded programmes and assisting with financial management of our consultancy work.
- Location:Bristol office, with hybrid working
- Salary scale:£37,000–£41,000 per annum, depending on experience
About the role
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Project Accountant to join our team. This is not your typical ‘accountant’ position and has been created to add much-needed project accounting capacity to the Finance Team. The postholder will provide financial support and guidance to large grant-funded programmes and will assist with the financial management of some consultancy projects. They will be partnering with the programme and project staff and will therefore be working with staff with differing levels of financial knowledge.
- Preparing budgets and financial proposals for projects
- Supporting Project Managers with budget reforecasts, cost recovery and income recognition calculations
- Reviewing and interpreting financial information and preparing monthly project reports for Programme and Project Managers
- Tracking project budgets and monitoring project expenditure
- Reviewing project finance procedures and methodology and suggesting improvements and/or developing methodology where appropriate
- Ensuring client/donor compliance requirements are met in financial records and reporting
- Providing oversight of contract and funding agreement requirements and ensuring relevant personnel are informed of obligations.
We are looking for someone who is adaptable, agile and able to demonstrate an analytical and methodical approach to problem-solving. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to develop budgets and forecasting expenditure and be highly skilled in analysing financial data using Excel.
You will need to have at least 2 years’ experience of working in a similar project-focused position and be educated to degree level in social sciences, economics or international development (or similar), OR have equivalent relevant experience and be at least part-qualified in one of the following: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please download and read the full recruitment pack and apply with your CV and cover letter here.
Early applications are highly encouraged; we will be reviewing submissions as they arrive, and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to end recruitment without notice.
This role was first advertised on 3 November 2023.