A new, full-time role based in our Bristol office in the UK. Be part of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty.
- Location:Bristol, UK
- Salary scale:£30,000–£35,000 per annum, depending on experience
About the role
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a highly numerical and analytical individual to join our team as Project Accountant. The post-holder will provide financial support and guidance to large grant-funded programmes and will assist in financial management of some consultancy projects. They will be business partnering with the programme and project staff, and will therefore be working with a range of non-finance and financially experienced staff.
- Support project managers with budget reforecasts, cost recovery and income recognition calculations.
- Review and interpret financial information and prepare monthly project reports for programme and project managers.
- Track project budgets and monitor project expenditure.
- Review project finance procedures and methodology, suggest improvements where appropriate and/or develop methodology.
- Ensure client/donor compliance requirements are met in financial records and reporting.
We are looking for someone who is adaptable and agile, and able to demonstrate an analytical and methodical approach to problem-solving. The ideal candidate will need to have a proven ability to develop budgets and forecasting expenditure and be skilled in analysing financial data using Excel at an advanced level.
You will be educated to degree level in finance or accounting (or similar) and be at least part-qualified in one of the following: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent. The successful candidate will also need to have at least two years' experience of working in a similar project position.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please download and read the full recruitment pack and apply with your CV and cover letter using our online application system.
Early applications are highly encouraged; we will be reviewing submissions as they arrive, and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to end recruitment without notice.