Interim Director of Growth & External Relations
An exciting opportunity to join our Executive Team during a period of change as our Interim Director of Growth & External Relations.
- Salary scale:£70,000–£75,000 per annum, depending on experience
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Executive Team as our Interim Director of Growth & External Relations. You will join DI during a period of change while we recruit for a new CEO and will fill an urgent need during this interim period.
As Interim Director of Growth & External Relations you will be responsible for aiding DI’s growth through all types of partnerships, increasing DI’s brand and external profile with new and existing audiences and ensuring DI’s impact is effectively communicated. This role will expand DI’s networks and influence and drive growth through new alliances.
This is an exciting role within an agile team as part of a global organisation, with location Hubs in the UK, US and East Africa.
- Build on existing strong external relationships and collaborations, as well as bringing in new relationships which are institutionalised within DI to maximise influence, growth and impact.
- Implement the business development strategy for DI and ensure DI Hubs have support, skills and appropriate targets to deliver on the strategy.
- Oversee and enable Hubs to tailor the brand and the brand assets to their region and unique audience; providing leadership, tools and advisory support.
- Manage DI’s strategic global income partnerships which encompass multiple Hubs and/or regions.
- Promote the creation of new ideas, programmes and projects with our three distinct groups of external partners: income, influence and impact.
You will be a confident leader who is able to inspire staff within DI as well as external partners. You will be collaborative, working closely with the acting CEO and other directors to drive forward the strategic goals of the organisation.
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in a senior management role in an international organisation within the international development, humanitarian, peace and security or human rights sectors. You will need to have public relations experience – specifically managing teams who oversee communications and external relations – with a focus on government affairs.
The successful candidate will be required to attend meetings, receptions and dinners outside of office hours, as well as travel regularly (regionally and globally) to represent DI (30% travel expected).
If you are an experienced leader with an energetic and positive outlook, who looks for solutions and helps colleagues explore new ways of doing things, we would love to hear from you.
Early applications are highly encouraged; we will be reviewing submissions as they arrive, and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to end recruitment without notice
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please download and read the full recruitment pack and apply with your CV and cover letter via our online application system.