Information Systems Analyst
A fixed-term contract based at our Nairobi office in Kenya. Be part of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty.
- Location:Nairobi, Kenya
- Salary scale:KES 2,500,000 – KES 3,000,000 per annum, depending on experience
About the role
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Information Systems Analyst to join us on a fixed-term contract for 12 months. Working with teams of analysts, data scientists, developers, subject matter experts and advocacy specialists in the field of international development, you will be a master of data discovery, systems, access, manipulation, preparation and analysis.
- Contribute to DI’s work mapping data landscapes in East Africa at national and subnational level
- Contribute to the technical element of DI’s work in East Africa in promoting data interoperability and joined-up data standards
- Investigate and appraise new and innovative data sources, data technologies and analysis techniques
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with external data producers and users (in government, civil society, academia and other relevant organisations) at national or subnational level.
You will be an expert on the development data landscape, capable of mapping complex technological and regulatory frameworks while delivering both qualitative and quantitative research across a wide range of information system-related issues. You will inspire and deliver innovative approaches to ensure that DI remains in the vanguard of the revolution for sustainable data in development.
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of four years’ experience in a research environment dealing with complex data, with the ability to retrieve and understand technical documents for data landscaping, including policy documents.
It’s essential for this role to have a postgraduate qualification (or equivalent professional experience) in the field of data science, statistics, scientific research, semantics or a similar discipline. The ideal candidate would have intermediate programming skills using R statistical software and a working knowledge of statistics.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please download and read the full recruitment pack and apply with your CV and cover letter on our online application portal.
Early applications are highly encouraged; we will be reviewing submissions as they arrive, and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to end recruitment without notice.
This role was first advertised on 16 September 2021.