Head of CEO’s Office
A new, full-time role in our Bristol office in the UK. Be part of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty.
- Location:Bristol, UK
- Salary scale:£28,000−£31,000 per annum
- Closing date:30 June 2021
- First interview:From July 2021 onwards
About the role
We have a brand-new and exciting opportunity for a highly organised forward thinker to join us as our Head of CEO’s Office. This role will cover a wide spectrum of responsibilities to ensure that the CEO can focus on strategic priorities and can deliver on their responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
- Holding responsibility for the smooth running of the office of the CEO, ensuring coordination across the organisation and managing the CEO’s communications and preparations for key meetings.
- Maintaining a social media presence for the CEO: drafting tweets to send out on projects being launched, identifying key debates for them to engage in and ensuring their online presence is maintained by working closely with the communications team.
- Liaising with clients, donors and partners to ensure the CEO remains in contact with priority stakeholders throughout the year.
- Overseeing coordination of all reporting to the CEO from programmes, projects and departments, prepare pre-meeting briefings, undertake research and ensure actions are completed.
- Supporting the Chair of the Board to staff the Board meetings, produce accurate minutes, follow up on actions and provide coordination support as required.
This role requires someone who is highly organised, with the ability to prioritise to ensure the CEO can focus on strategic projects while managing the urgent tasks for them. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling confidential or sensitive information and will need to have excellent social and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships with internal personnel, Board members and key external contacts.
You will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in international relations or development, political science or business management. The successful candidate will also need seven to 10 years’ experience providing support for upper-level management in a related or similar organisation.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please download and read the full recruitment pack and apply by uploading your CV and cover letter to our online application portal.