Head of Finance
A full-time, permanent role as Head of Finance based at our Bristol office in the UK. Be part of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty.
- Location:Bristol, UK
- Salary scale:£48,000–£53,000 per annum, depending on experience
About the role
We are seeking an experienced finance senior leader that can contribute to the longer-term success of the organisation. This role will be accountable for all financial management and senior accounting operations including oversight of the production of monthly financial reports, leadership of the finance team, maintenance of the finance system, financial controls and budgets and managing audits to help the organisation to deliver its strategic objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our organisation as a trusted finance advisor and to think laterally across the organisation in line with the finance strategy.
- Deliver periodic financial outputs such as weekly labour utilisation reports, monthly management accounts (including cashflow forecasting), monthly department reports and quarterly forecasts.
- Ensure financial dashboards provide insightful financial management information with regards to revenue, spending trends, time analysis and KPI analysis.
- Support the development and implementation of the finance strategy in line with organisational goals.
- Identify and monitor risks and issues and create solutions – escalate appropriate risks to the Chief Operating Officer.
We are looking for a positive ‘can do’ person who is able to use their own initiative and apply creativity to problem solving. You will need to have excellent analytical and business planning skills and relevant post-qualification experience of managing financial control systems, financial planning, and treasury and budget management. Experience in an SME or not-for-profit would be an advantage to your application.
You must have up-to-date knowledge of professional accounting requirements, with knowledge of FRS102 and solid knowledge of VAT. The successful candidate will need to be fully qualified with a recognised professional accounting qualification (CIMA, CIPFA, ACCA).
We are experimenting with a blended approach to home and office working and so are flexible on your location, provided that you are based within the UK and can commute to our offices in Bristol two to three times a week. Our Bristol office is located at First Floor Centre, The Quorum, Bond Street South, Bristol, BS1 3AE.
Early applications are highly encouraged. We will be reviewing submissions as they arrive, and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to end recruitment without notice.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please download and read the full recruitment pack and apply with your CV and cover letter via our online application portal.
This role was first advertised on 16 July 2021.