DI Board Chair
We are seeking a Board Chair to play an important role in supporting our Executive Director (ED) to drive the organisation forward and deliver our strategic objectives.
- Leading and facilitating the Board to enable it to exercise its responsibilities and ensure the receipt of timely and sufficient information to enable the Board to perform its role.
- Challenging the organisation to think big and be bold.
- Acting as a direct liaison between the Board and the management of the DI Group, through the ED.
- Providing independent advice and counsel to the ED.
- Representing the organisation in an ambassadorial role on occasions.
A commitment of one day a month is expected from the Board Chair, as well as chairing quarterly DIPR Board meetings, preparing for meetings and supporting the ED on other Board matters. We would expect a total commitment of 18 days a year from the Chair. This position is remunerated.
We are looking for an individual with strong leadership skills, a strategic mindset and a strong desire to support transformation and change, as well as previous experience of chairing or deputising as a Chair, including mobilising members of a Board. Our vision, mission and ways of working underpin everything we do and so we are seeking someone who feels passionately about the change we are trying to achieve through our work.
We are committed to diversity and aim to have a Board that is diverse in geography, race, age, gender and disability, as well as experience.
Email our HR team for the full Terms of Reference (HR@devinit.org).
To apply, please submit your CV together with a detailed covering letter to HR@devinit.org with the subject header 'BOARD CHAIR CONFIDENTIAL'.