A new, full-time role on an initial fixed-term contract for 12 months. Be part of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty.
- Location:Home based (UK), Bristol office or Nairobi office
- Salary scale:£34,000−£36,000 / KES 1,800,000−KES 2,500,000 per annum, depending on experience
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us on a fixed-term contract as our new Bid/Proposal Manager. This role will be responsible for managing and leading the identification and development of commercial bids and expressions of interest/tenders and develop connections with stakeholders and partners.
This role will sit within the Development team, that works to identify and secure new consultancy assignments, grant opportunities and strategic partnership collaborations.
- Oversee DII’s bid development process from scoping of opportunity through to submission of bid
- Coordinate DI’s income generation research group, ensuring that colleagues are scoping and identifying new opportunities
- Work with Project Leads and teams to map out bid activities, dependencies and set timelines for bid proposals
- Oversee the coordination and relationship management of consultants or partners required for response to a tender/call for bids, ensuring that correct contractual processes are followed and in place for smooth transition to project implementation.
The successful candidate will have a wide range of technical skills to assist in the development of successful applications and budgets in response to client terms of reference, calls for proposals and bespoke packages of work. You’ll be required to have a proven history of writing and winning bids, along with high attention to detail and excellent writing skills.
We are looking for at least three years’ experience in a similar role along with contract management and client/donor liaison experience. It would be an advantage to your application if you have experience in bidding for, and winning, large commercial contracts/accountable grants within the development sector.
Early applications are highly encouraged; we will be reviewing submissions as they arrive, and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to end recruitment without notice.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please download and read the full recruitment pack and apply with your CV and cover letter via our online application system.
This role was first advertised on 1 July 2021.