Development Initiatives (DI) is an independent international development organisation working on the use of data to drive poverty eradication and sustainable development. Our vision is a world without poverty that invests in human security and where everyone shares the benefits of opportunity and growth.
We work to ensure that decisions about the allocation of finance and resources result in an end to poverty, increase the resilience of the world’s most vulnerable people, and ensure no one is left behind.
We value the diversity of our workforce and would like to encourage you to take part in our diversity monitoring when applying for a vacancy. Please complete our Diversity Monitoring form and return it with your application.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and ask you to complete our diversity monitoring form as part of the process.
Full-time, permanent role based in Bristol
We are looking for a creative and dynamic person with a passion for digital communications to join our Communications Team in Bristol.
You will have:
- A communications or marketing background; previous experience working in media relations and digital communications is essential
- At least two years of practical communications or marketing experience
- Experience in writing for a range of audiences, including writing for web and summarising technical and complex content into non-specialist language
- Proven ability to use social media to drive interaction with content and messaging
- Ability to write press releases, liaise with journalists and respond to media enquiries
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please read the full role profile and apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to HR@devinit.org.
- Salary scale: £25,000–£28,000
- Closing date: 29 September 2017
- First interviews: ASAP
- Second interviews: if necessary, to be advised
- Start date: ASAP
Calling experts in international development finance looking for a fresh career opportunity
We’re expanding our work and are keen to meet individuals who’d like to join a talented team seeking to drive policy change, build a fairer and more equitable world, and ensure resources are better targeted where they’re most needed.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- are an expert working in the field of international and/or domestic development finance
- have a strong knowledge of the core activities of development finance institutions and their financing instruments
- have an understanding of how public and private finance come together to shape development and contribute to poverty eradication
- are a great writer who regularly produces analysis and briefing papers, and can develop policy recommendations
- want to influence policy and can engage with key stakeholders
- enjoy working with numbers and understand the data behind the analysis.
If this sounds like you then please get in touch for an informal talk about your work and career plans. In the first instance, please contact Janet Reilly on HR@devinit.org enclosing a CV and/or covering email with the subject header ‘devfinance’. All communication will be treated in the strictest confidence. We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply to join our Consultants Database
We are currently looking for consultants to apply to join our network of professionals; applicants should send an up-to-date CV to HR@devinit.org, along with a short cover letter stating availability and daily rate. Consultants on our database will be contacted when we require support that corresponds with their experience and skills.