We value the diversity of our workforce and would like to encourage you to take part in our diversity monitoring when applying for a vacancy. Please complete our Diversity Monitoring form and return it with your application.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and ask you to complete our diversity monitoring form as part of the process.
Please note that DI also maintains a database of skilled consultants and would be interested to receive CVs from applicants who are available for short-term contracts for similar roles.
Engagement & Partnerships Manager, Nairobi
Development Initiatives is looking for a candidate with a background in development policy and practice across multiple sectors and a keen interest in data for development to play a key role in forging and nurturing strategic partnerships. These partnerships, formed particularly with government, civil society and development actors, will ensure that better data on poverty and resources is available and used to drive policy, development decisions and practice that improves the lives of the poorest people. The post-holder will play a key role communicating analysis and learning to policy audiences nationally and internationally.
- Identify, develop and nurture effective partnerships to support the implementation of DI’s country plan in Kenya, as well as wider regional engagement efforts
- Support policy engagement with key government audiences to advance DI’s priorities on improvement and use of data in sustainable development
- Produce materials (regular briefings, reports, visualisations) that highlight the challenges of using data and how these can be overcome through technical, financial and political changes
- Identify, document and communicate learning and impact from the country and regional level to influence policy and practice of international actors
- Contribute to developing and mainstreaming best practice approaches for strategic partnerships across the organisation
- Represent DI in public fora alongside key partners from the local to the global level
- Start date: ASAP
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Salary: to be agreed
- Closing date: 28 February 2017
- 1st Interviews: TBC
- 2nd Interviews: TBC