Development Initiatives (DI) is an independent international development organisation working on the use of data to drive poverty eradication and sustainable development. Our vision is a world without poverty that invests in human security and where everyone shares the benefits of opportunity and growth.
We work to ensure that decisions about the allocation of finance and resources result in an end to poverty, increase the resilience of the world’s most vulnerable people, and ensure no one is left behind.
We value the diversity of our workforce and would like to encourage you to take part in our diversity monitoring when applying for a vacancy. Please complete our Diversity Monitoring form and return it with your application.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and ask you to complete our diversity monitoring form as part of the process.
If you would like to make a positive impact, increasing the reach of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you.
Apply to join our Consultants Database
We are currently looking for consultants to apply to join our network of professionals; applicants should send an up-to-date CV to HR@devinit.org, along with a short cover letter stating availability and daily rate. Consultants on our database will be contacted when we require support that corresponds with their experience and skills.
Crisis & Humanitarian Lead
Full time, permanent, based in Bristol UK
We are seeking a senior leader with strong experience of and expertise in the field of humanitarian crisis, a good knowledge of financing in crisis contexts, and a passion to ensure every penny is targeted toward those most in need.
You will have:
- Experience of developing and leading multiple complex projects and portfolios of work, from concept through to delivery.
- Good data skills, with a critical understanding of sources of relevant data and the technical ability to analyse data.
- High-level engagement skills and understanding of the international political and policy context as well as the ability to represent DI at a high level, demonstrated through relevant experience in speaking and presentations, and building and maintaining strategic networks.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please read the full role profile and apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to HR@devinit.org
- Salary scale: Up to £50,000 per annum
- Closing date: 11 February 2018
- First interviews: January/February 2018
- Second interviews: to be confirmed
- Start date: April 2018
Full time, fixed-term contract for 1 year, Based in Bristol, UK
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly numerate individual to join our team of analysts based in our Bristol office. You will work on enhancing the use, usability and understanding of data, as well as our work on international development financing, poverty and vulnerability.
You will have:
- Strong understanding of statistical and quantitative research techniques; ability to conduct high-quality research and analysis
- Advanced knowledge of software used to manage and analyse data (e.g. Excel, Stata, R)
- Familiarity with international development and development finance data
Early applications are highly encouraged
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £20,500 per annum
Location: Bristol, UK
Contract: 1 year fixed-term contract
Closing date: 22 January 2018 (5pm GMT)
Interviews: w/c 29 January 2018