Turning more data into better information to end poverty
- For more background to this event, please see this blog post.
- Details on the Open Government Partnership Summit website
The ‘Joined Up Data’ Workshop: 1 Nov 2013
During the summer of 2013, a scoping study has been conducted by DI and OKFN, exploring existing data standards and how the varying transparency initiatives might work together to achieve common objectives.
We are inviting representatives of all the transparency initiatives to join us for a focused workshop during Transparency Week 2013.
Chair: Martin Tisne, Omidyar Network
- Presentation of the scoping study: Bill Anderson (DI) and Lucy Chambers (OKFN).
- Followed by discussion among participants including representatives from EITI, Open Contracting, Cost and GIFT.
The workshop will:
- review the outcomes of the scoping study
- facilitate discussion, feedback and input from participants on the outcomes and implications
- identify concrete steps to support action on joining- up data.
By the end of the workshop, we hope that all participants from transparency initiatives will have a clear idea of areas where collaboration could add value , and agreed next steps, to enable this to happen in 2014 and beyond.
Contact about this event: Andrew Palmer, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Transparency Week
Global Transparency Week is an international series of events between 24th October and 1st November. Fifteen organisations have come together to call for transparency, accountability and good governance across the world. Full listings of events and information about the organisations involved can be found at: globaltransparencyweek.org