Date: 11 October 2018
Time: 18.30–21.00 (GMT+8)
Location: The Laguna Resort & Spa, Kawasan Pariwisata, Nusa Dua Lot N2, Bali 80363
Audience: This event is open to all, with free registration in advance
About: As part of the 2018 Annual Meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank Group, Development Initiatives is hosting a launch event for Investments to End Poverty 2018.
The third in the Investments to End Poverty series, this report unpacks the complexities of development finance today in the context of the ambitious Agenda 2030, which sets a high bar for success. It evidences the need for a more comprehensive, targeted and strategic approach to development finance (and ODA in particular) that prioritises the poorest people and places. Ending poverty for everyone, everywhere will require not only scaling up resources but also scaling up the right resources for the right interventions.
Investments to End Poverty 2018 also explores how development finance is responding to the demands set by the Sustainable Development Goals and what changes and actions are needed to ensure their aspirations become reality for all.
This event will be an opportunity to discuss key findings and trends emerging from our analysis, emphasising the critical challenges we all face in achieving and financing the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Chair: Shari Spiegel, Chief of the Policy Analysis & Development Branch, UN-DESA Financing for Sustainable Development Office
- Dan Coppard, Director of Research and Analysis, Development Initiatives
- Gargee Ghosh, Director of Development Policy & Finance, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Mahmoud Mohieldin, Senior Vice President for the 2030 Development Agenda, United Nations Relations, and Partnerships, World Bank Group
- Further speakers to be confirmed
You can register to receive your copy of Investments to End Poverty 2018 as soon as it is published here.
For more information please contact Amy Cox, Engagement & Policy Officer.