What are Africacounts round tables?
Africacounts round tables are multi-stakeholder forums designed to stimulate constructive dialogue and effective partnerships among civil society, media, government and academia to influence resource allocation and prioritise poverty eradication in East Africa.
Devolution in Kenya’s health sector: challenges and opportunities
Development Initiatives is convening the next Africacounts round table on Thursday 4 July 2013 in Nairobi. The round table provides a unique, multi-stakeholder platform to facilitate the engagement and policy interactions that Kenyans need in order to interrogate and understand the prospects of devolving the health function. CSOs, academia, politicians, policymakers, and media will be in attendance.
We will also be using the round table launching DI’s recent report on nutrition financing by Mariella Di Ciommo in Africa.
Recent Africacounts round table forums explored:
1) the prospects of East Africa’s natural resource finds
2) the state of social protection in East Africa
3) the progress of the Kenya Open Data Initiative
3) the open development movement in Uganda.
How to get involved
- Further details – Devolving the health function – round table note (2) and Tentative Programme – Nutrition report launch and RTF
- Join the conversation – tweeting on the day from @devinitorg and our team @okwaroh, @iamkenei, hashtags #Africacounts #devolvehealth