This animated presentation provides an overview of the drivers behind aid reform and what the process and timelines for change look like. It also presents a summary of key changes expected, and introduces some of the implications for policy and practice, and for anyone who works with ODA data.
The upcoming rule changes by the OECD DAC are expected to be adopted at the High Level Meeting in October 2017. These include:
- Changes to rules on ODA loans and debt relief
- Changes to how in-donor refugee costs are reported
- New purpose codes and sector codes
- The introduction of new forms of aid aimed at ‘mobilising’ private investments for development
- The introduction of new ODA-eligible peace and security activities.
Watch our short animated presentation for an overview of what these changes might mean to you.
Sign up to join our webinar and Q&A on 20 September for a more detailed discussion on ODA modernisation.