But growth is not our objective; getting the most value from every dollar spent on ending poverty has always been the driving force of our work. Until only a few years ago, DI was one of the few voices calling for the end of poverty by 2030 – but the world has changed. Ending poverty is now seen as a feasible goal, and people are asking not ‘when’ but ‘how’.
- 1993: DI is established!
- 1994: We establish and manage Reality of Aid project
- 2000: We publish our first Global Humanitarian Assistance (GHA) Report
- 2007: We open our first office in Wells, Somerset, UK
- 2008: We establish the aidinfo programme and recruit a director and staff
- 2008: We establish links with Development Research and Training (DRT), Uganda
- 2009: The International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) is agreed
- 2011: We establish an office in Nairobi
- 2012: We move to new offices in the city of Bristol
- 2013: We launch the first Investments to End Poverty report
- 2014: We launch d-portal
- 2015: We launch our Development Data Hub
- 2016: We publish our new organisational strategy
- 2017: We launch our new brand