We offer consultancy services to facilitate and support the work of national development agencies, developing country governments, multilateral organisations, private foundations and NGOs.
Our services include data analysis, data science and technology, data communication, policy analysis, assessments and evaluations, strategic communications to support research uptake, convening stakeholders around shared issues, and capacity building.
We specialise in a number of areas, including:
Poverty, vulnerability and crisis
- Official statistics and measurement
- Data collection systems
- Data gaps and solutions
Finance and other resources
- Public finance (international and domestic)
- Humanitarian assistance
- Innovative and catalytic finance (e.g. public-private partnerships)
- Climate finance
- Transparency and traceability
- Technical solutions for improving data accessibility and use
- Data user needs and requirements at country level
- Data standards, including the International Aid Transparency Initiative
Our country offices in Kenya and Uganda further specialise in issues relating specifically to Africa and African countries.
We work with clients who share the key principles that guide our work and are committed to transparency, accountability and social responsibility.
How we work
We are always objective, rigorous, and reliable. We pride ourselves in transparency and openness, and always seek to support and collaborate with those who share our vision of a world without poverty.
Recent completed projects
- Asia Pacific Development Effectiveness Facility, UNDP: Country level and regional research on development financing for implementation of SDGs in ASEAN (April–December 2017)
- World Vision: Counting Pennies: A review of official development assistance (ODA) to end violence against children (September 2016–March 2017)
- DFID: Post-London 2016 conference financial tracking
- DFID: Humanitarian evidence systems mapping in East Africa (to October 2015)
- International Food Policy Research Institute: Global Nutrition Report 2015
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation: Analysing domestic resources to optimise the allocation and impact of domestic resources in Foundation priority countries
- PATH: Department for International Development aid spending on nutrition, 2013 data analysis
- Restless Development: Big Idea
- Oxfam US: Tracing development cooperation
- Save the Children: Conducting child budget analysis and trends on the education sector in Somaliland
- WaterAid: Targeting aid investments in water and sanitation
- DFID: Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation
- CAFOD-led NGO group: Donor interviews on leveraging private finance practices
- ONE: DATA Report
- World Health Organization: Global Report on IHP+ performance: monitoring commitments to effective development cooperation in health